How It Works
8-12 hours per week
3 - 6 months
- Courses are written and developed by leading industry experts
- Amazon Web Services Academy (AWS) is collaborating with Athabasca University to offer a course designed to help individuals understand cloud concepts
- Activities and exercises designed to assess where you and your organization are at regarding digital transformation
- Course topics are enhanced with real-world examples provided by industry experts
- Each course culminates with a capstone project with exercises directly applicable to your day-to-day role
- Course materials are available 24/7
- Understand the digital economy and the effects of digital disruption. Explore the impacts to various industries of paradigm-shifting technologies at the heart of the digital economy.
- Build a leadership plan for strategic digital transformation within your organization.
- Develop the soft-skills needed to successfully lead digital transformation within your organization.
- Organizations that want to understand how new technologies will affect their future
- Managers leading digital transformation strategy and execution activities
- Leaders looking to understand how new technologies, such as cloud computing, can be used for competitive advantage.
Is this an instructor-led certificate?
The courses within this certificate are designed to be self-paced with all materials you need for successful completion contained within the learning platform. The certificate has been designed by subject matter experts and each course includes interviews with leading experts, aligned to the course outcomes. The certificate is an immersive experience that includes a mix of content including video introductions and video content, impactful readings, learning checks, and interactive elements – all which can be completed at your own pace.
How much time will I need to spend?
Each course is structured to be completed at your own pace over a two-week period. You will be spending approximately 8 – 12 hours of time per week on content. Should you need more time, the learning environment may be available for 30 days to complete each course. You can complete all of the courses within 3 – 6 months to earn your certificate.
Do I have to be online at a certain time of day?
No, you do not have to be online at a specific time. You complete the coursework at the times and places that fits your schedule. Each course is designed for working professionals who are balancing their work, family and community commitments.
When do I start?
You can start your first course as soon as you register for the certificate! You will automatically be directed to the interactive learning environment.
How long will I have access to my courses?
You will have 30 days from the time of registration to complete each course. It is recommended to complete the course in two weeks.
What will I receive after I complete all of my courses?
You will receive a digital certificate of completion that is downloadable and printable. Digital badges are also awarded for specific achievements throughout the certificate.
What is the refund policy?
No refunds will be issued for the certificate. Refunds may be considered under exceptional circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are there tests or quizzes involved?
There will be activities, assignments, and short quizzes within each course to ensure you understand the content. All quizzes are designed to be accessible and easy to complete by engaging in the content. Within each module, you will have the answers to each evaluation.
What are the computer requirements for this certificate?
If you can access the Internet, you can access the course environment. The course environment is compatible with laptops, PCs, tablets and smart phones.
Does this certificate have prerequisites?
This certificate does not have a required prerequisite; however, it is strongly recommended that you have a basic level understanding of business and economics.
Who do I contact if I need help?
You can contact email@example.com for assistance with any questions you may have. We are here to help!