How It Works
8-12 hours per week
Paul Bentley is the Director and Leadership Instructor for Boise State University’s Center for Professional Development (CPD). With over 20 years of leadership and management experience, Paul understands the challenges faced by leaders in private industry, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
- Learners create a concrete leadership action plan for immediate application
- Learners are provided concept cards covering the foundational elements of each course to continue to apply theories, concepts and tools on-the-job
- Opportunity for collaboration, discussion and networking with fellow learners
- Course materials are available 24/7
- Develop the leadership qualities and competencies that people will trust, collaborate with, and follow
- Create an environment where employees are being developed to be the best that they can be
- Use proven processes to increase the organization’s ability to exceed customer expectations
- Develop a competent and progressive work culture
- Individuals in formal or informal leadership roles
- Individuals seeking to add value to their organizations through a new set of tools and practices
- Teams seeking to build competitive advantages
- Organizations driven to build a skilled and progressive workforce and culture
Is this an instructor-led certificate?
The courses within this certificate are designed to be self-paced with all materials you need for successful completion contained within the learning platform. The certificate has been designed by subject matter experts and each course includes interviews with leading experts, aligned to the course outcomes. The certificate is an immersive experience that includes a mix of content including video introductions and video content, impactful readings, learning checks, and interactive elements – all which can be completed at your own pace.
How much time will I need to spend?
Each course is structured to be completed at your own pace over a two-week period. You will be spending approximately 8 – 12 hours of time per week on content. Should you need more time, the learning environment may be available for 30 days to complete each course. You can complete all of the courses within 3 – 6 months to earn your certificate.
Do I have to be online at a certain time of day?
No, you do not have to be online at a specific time. You complete the coursework at the times and places that fits your schedule. Each course is designed for working professionals who are balancing their work, family and community commitments.
When do I start?
You can start your first course as soon as you register for the certificate! You will automatically be directed to the interactive learning environment.
How long will I have access to my courses?
You will have 30 days from the time of registration to complete each course. It is recommended to complete the course in two weeks.
What will I receive after I complete all of my courses?
You will receive a digital certificate of completion that is downloadable and printable. Digital badges are also awarded for specific achievements throughout the certificate.
What is the refund policy?
No refunds will be issued for the certificate. Refunds may be considered under exceptional circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are there tests or quizzes involved?
There will be activities, assignments, and short quizzes within each course to ensure you understand the content. All quizzes are designed to be accessible and easy to complete by engaging in the content. Within each module, you will have the answers to each evaluation.
What are the computer requirements for this certificate?
You should have access to a Mac, PC, or tablet with an Internet connection, with Safari, Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox as a browser. Here is a link that outlines browser support:
For virtual sessions:
- Web camera and microphone
Learners that want to use their smart phone to access the courses can also download the D2L Pulse App for free to access the course available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d2l.brightspace.student.android&hl=en_CA
Or the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/brightspace-pulse/id1001688546
Does this certificate have prerequisites?
This certificate does not have a required prerequisite.
Who do I contact if I need help?
You can contact email@example.com for assistance with any questions you may have. We are here to help!