This course is part of a program developed by UCI Division of Continuing Education and is delivered by PowerED™ by Athabasca University. It features a streamlined curriculum that has been developed with feedback from industry veterans and an expert advisory team.
Join former UCI learners who said - “The curriculum was challenging and interesting and the instructors were amazing. They inspired me to love the art of project management. It was a pleasure to be challenged and learn from the best.” – Miguel Ramirez, UCI Division of Continuing Education Project Management Certificate graduate.
Project Management Certificate Information Session
Join us to learn more about this 4-course certificate, its structure, and what you will learn.
In Project Launch, each week you will achieve competencies as outlined in the course environment. You will identify a project of your choice that you will use throughout this course and subsequent courses.
Through a series of instructional videos, lectures and online discussions you will:
- Learn how to justify and select projects and how stakeholders influence projects
- Develop the requirements necessary to define project scope and create a list of tasks necessary to accomplish the scope
- Create effective communication plans and assign responsibilities
- Gain an understanding of fundamentals of project planning with the use of scheduling software
- Establish project requirements, objectives and goals before defining the total project scope with the use of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Create a formal project plan with the use of project software and the help of the course coach
The project plan along with assignments, discussions, and quizzes will be used for determining both the final grade and your mastery of key project management practices. We want to ensure you are positioned for success!
All course materials such as readings, templates, and examples are provided and are incorporated within the learning modules. You will download the necessary materials as you progress along the modules.
Required Textbook: The 6th edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, PA, 2017. PMI offers this publication for free to members. For more information about membership benefits, please visit PMI at www.pmi.org.